Editorial/Style InternBookmark This
2 Clinton Avenue
DescriptionToday Media, located in Rye, NY, is looking for Editorial/Style Interns for a full or part time unpaid position. The intern must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and receiving course credit.
The Editorial/Style intern for our monthly Westchester Magazine lifestyle publication and quarterly business lifestyle publication 914INC. plays a hands-on, critical role in our Style department.
Style is responsible for producing two pages per month for Westchester Magazine (including a themed full-page product shot, and a second page featuring a local designer, a merchandise pick from a local store, and write-ups on new stores) plus an additional two pages per quarter for 914INC. (including two full-page themed product shots, one each for men and women). Other products for this department to which the intern contributes include a weekly Deals & Steals blog on sales and special events in local stores, the Shopping Resource Guide of area stores on our web site, and two full multi-page fashion features (one each in the Fall and Spring), shot on location.
ResponsibilitiesSpecific style intern responsibilities encompass working on a variety of complicated projects and include:
1. Scouting, selecting, and securing merchandise and/or photos of merchandise for product and fashion shoots
2. Researching fashion, style, and other trends
3. Phone interviewing (shopkeepers, designers, etc.)
6. Developing relationships with shop owners and brand reps
7. Assisting at photo shoots
8. Lending her/his own fresh perspective and personal style to our pages