Engineering AnalystBookmark This
Founded in 1899 on the belief that "People Build Businesses," Sonoco is a $4.8 billion global manufacturer of consumer and industrial packaging products and provider of packaging services. With more than 300 operations worldwide and an employee-focused value system and culture, we believe in building from within, encourage employees to take ownership of their careers and give them the tools and opportunities to help them reach their full potential. We offer world-class benefits, value people and teamwork, celebrate challenges, reward success, are committed to employee satisfaction and work/life balance, and are recognized worldwide for our commitment to growing future leaders.
Sonoco is looking for an Engineering Analyst for our Protective Solutions division, ThermoSafe brand located in Montgomeryville, PA.
This position obtains, evaluates, analyzes and summarizes Engineering data to provide meaningful reports to the customer and the Engineering group. Provides technical support to the Engineering Team.
- Define and maintain our product information including data definitions, test/build methodologies, and system structure.
- Collect data and report on metrics, providing support to engineering and plants as needed.
- Manage generation of monthly reports
- Accumulate data at month end for trend analysis of major projects.
- Must be able to learn and manipulate multiple MIS systems and pull data from systems into single reporting structure(s).
- Develop and prepare presentations for management and customers on an as needed basis.
- Prepare reports for management review.
- Compile technical reports utilizing word, excel, adobe
- Document lab protocols
- Coordinate lab billings and sample requests
- Develop and maintain lab database, and a tool database
- BOM and part entry and maintenance
- Ensure the safety of all employees; lead a comprehensive safety program to prevent injuries.
- BS in business or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience in office administration, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Above average proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Ability to become proficient with multiple MIS systems.
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to read technical drawings. Ability to create technical drawings a plus.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work in a heavily deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task.
- Team player with a positive attitude and a focus on business issues.
- Highly effective communication and presentation skills; ability to prepare oral and written reports.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Structured approach towards problem solving with strong analytical skills, ability to identify, research, coordinate, and resolve issues
- Ability to engage with end user/customer to understand and meet their reporting/analytics requirements
Required: 2 years of college or technical degree
Preferred: 4 year undergraduate degree