Engineering / Architecture InternBookmark This
Tantala Associates, LLC, Engineers & Architects
6200 Frankford Avenue
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
DescriptionTANTALA ASSOCIATES is a multi-disciplined, professional, consulting-engineering and architecture firm with an established practice for more than 40 years. The firm provides a unique union of research, consulting and design solutions, offering expertise in numerous practice areas encompassing civil engineering, site, structural, geotechnical, transportation and risk management. The firm provides research and engineering to a diverse clientele spanning government, industry, and academe. Our technical expertise includes industry-standard research and consulting.
ResponsibilitiesThis position involves working as part of a team focused on initial planning, design and implementation of several civil engineering projects for commercial, institutional, industrial and academic clients.
Intern will perform a variety of discipline related engineering tasks under the direct supervision of licensed engineers. Assignments will foster increasing knowledge and responsibility.
Project responsibilities MAY include:
• Organizing and drafting site, geotechnical and structural drawings from preliminary site research and design through to construction,
• Assisting in preparation of basic engineering calculations, specifications, and engineering reports,
• Preparation of feasibility, planning, and research studies
• Permitting, design and construction document services,
• Analyzing, modeling and designing stormwater and sanitary sewer collection systems, stormwater detention, erosion and sediment control, site utility systems, asphalt and concrete pavement, layout and planning of site roads and parking areas. HYDROCAD modeling may be emphasized.
• Additional responsibilities may include client and technical presentations and business development activities
RequirementsGood oral and written communication skills
Good attention to detail
Knowledge of CAD / Autocad
Computer literacy / Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Interest in the following disciplines: Structural, Site/Civil, Stormwater, Architectural, and/or Geotechnical
Prior summer hire experience in architecture or civil engineering is a plus