Entry Level Applications Developer - Campus RecruitingBookmark This
DescriptionCGI is seeking graduating students interested in careers in the Information Technology field. CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential and to chart your own career.
Our Entry-Level Applications Developers typically have a demonstrated interest in information technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills. Applications Developers will be placed on one of our many projects and could be doing a number of different tasks.
What you'll need:
* Recent graduates or will graduate from a 4-year institution by August 2014
* Academic background in computer science, computer engineering or a similar major with extensive computer-based or technical content
* Experience with C++, J2EE, Java, C# and/or .Net development
* A great attitude and hunger for learning
* Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
* Flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
* Ability to work within a team environment
* 3.0 GPA is preferred
* Ability to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time
What you'll do (assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas):
* Systems design- Analysis of a system's requirements to create a design, system components and a working model.
* Systems and applications development- Conversion of information from design specifications to programming code. Writing specific programs by analyzing workflow charts and diagrams and applying knowledge of computer capabilities to satisfy system requirements.
* Data design and database administration- Analysis, classification and maintenance of an organization's data and data relationships. Developing data models necessary to support a system's functions and operations. Defining and maintaining data security and integrity.
What you'll gain:
* Involvement in the technical components of a client project
* Exposure to business issues and challenges
* Opportunity to leverage your computer knowledge and analytical skills