Entry Level Business Analyst - Campus RecruitingBookmark This
DescriptionNew college hires joining CGI in a functional/business analyst role come from a wide variety of academic backgrounds. Business majors with a demonstrated interest in technology are often a strong fit for CGI functional roles. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US for an indefinite period of time.
Key characteristics of success in functional roles include a demonstrated interest in technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal and organization skills.
Assignments may include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas:
* Business Analysis - Developing knowledge of a client's industry, customers, organization and business objectives in order to help the client in a problem-solving role. Assessing user requirements, procedures, and problems to create or improve a system.
* User Support Analysis - Providing quality client support by answering client questions, researching possible solutions to problems, and fostering open communication between the client and the CGI project team. Tracking software and documentation defects, performing application maintenance, and providing on-site consulting and training as required.
* System Testing - Working with system developers and designers to identify, diagnose, and document problems and errors in specific components of a system. Assessing how well a product adheres to its design, standards, as well as its usability and ability to meet business needs.
* Decision Analysis - Applying quantitative methods to study and make recommendations regarding various business issues, including credit risk management, customer profitability, resource allocation and optimization, and customer segmentation.
* Technical Writing - Writing and editing program and system documentation, user manuals, and training materials required to help people use and operate a system.