Espresso Bar Worker - BaristaBookmark This
DescriptionGuckenheimer, is a national foodservice management company that pioneered restaurant style, healthful dining in the workplace.
Founded in the San Francisco Bay Area by two healthcare professionals, Guckenheimer is an onsite specialty foodservice company dedicated to the philosophy that health and productivity at work is achieved through exceptional food and dining experiences. With accounts across 31 states, Guckenheimer features evolved employee health and wellness programs led by registered dieticians, customized menu creations and fresh meals-from-scratch prepared with sustainable and organic ingredients, locally sourced when available.
With new growth in the area, we have incredible employment opportunities for:
Espresso Bar Worker-Barista
Reports to:Food Service Manager or General Manager
Customer Relations. Prepare and serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees and teas. Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti and bagels.
- 1 year experience in a foodservice environment.
- 1 year experience handling cash and operating a cash register.
- 1 year providing excellent one on one customer service. Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate with customers in English.
- Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees and teas.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils or equipment.
- Clean service areas.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Order, receive, or stock supplies or retail products.
- Operate Cash Register.
- Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, biscotti and bagels.
- Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
- Weigh, grind, or pack coffee beans for customers.
- Create signs to advertise store products.
- Prepare or serve menu items, such as sandwiches and salads.
- Must follow all safety rules and actively prevent accidents.
- Commitment to the service values and ethics of the client company.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Produce orders accurately and efficiency.
- Must be able to describe coffee blends and product to customers
- Must be able to operate espresso bar equipment
- Strong customer service skills.
- Food handling and cold food preparation experience.
- Prior barista experience.
- ServSafe certification.
Reporting to this position: None
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 #. Employee must be able to work on their feet 7.5 hour per day excluding breaks.
- Employee has to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak periods.
- Must be able to load and push a cart a short distance.
- Must be able to use a cash register or computer key board for up to 2 hours continuously.
Guckenheimer embraces equal opportunity employment