Executive InternBookmark This
Pro Players Foundation
19O W Highway 114, Suite A
DescriptionThe Pro Players Foundation is a group of professional athletes and business and community leaders who volunteer their time and talents to assist disadvantaged youth. With the mission of “Enriching the lives of disadvantaged children across North Texas through sports-based programs,” PPF partners with professional sports teams through a variety of initiatives to help make sure every child has the ability to succeed and the opportunity for a bright future.
Current PPF programs and projects include:
Instant RePlay: An “Extreme Makeover” of community sports facilities. These projects give children a place to play and grow and give the community a center of hope in which they can take pride.
Character Camps: Heroes and coaches from professional sports teams give underprivileged youth the opportunity to learn the importance of character, purpose and responsibility while simultaneously developing athletic skills.
Play It Forward: This program collects and rejuvenates sporting equipment to be donated to kids in need, ensuring every child in North Texas has the chance to “get in the game.”
PPFeed the Need:: Provides hope through food for those in need. The group focuses on disadvantaged and at-risk children, whether in a battered women’s shelter, a low income community, or a children’s hospital.
The Foundation is comprised of Pro Players who are current and former professional athletes who seek to raise funding and community awareness through support of the Foundation’s special events and programs; a Board of Directors that is responsible for day-to-day operation of the Foundation; an Advisory Board that consists of business leaders, media representatives and executives from the professional sports teams in North Texas; and an army of volunteers and supporters who help us execute our mission.
For more information about the Pro Players Foundation, please visit us at www.ProPlayersFoundation.net
The internship position is a full time or part time non-paid volunteer learning opportunity, allowing each individual to sculpt their management skills while garnering a tremendous amount of real world industry related experience. The PPF intern will work directly with the executive director to oversee all operations for the Foundation.
ResponsibilitiesThe internship position includes but is not limited to: the planning/coordination and execution of events/meetings; marketing/communications; research; office and database management; correspondence; website/social media management; copy-writing/editing; grant writing; and much more. PPF is looking for dynamic candidates with a high-level of energy. This is a hands-on internship where the intern will have the opportunity to apply their classroom learning. It will require great initiative and aptitude on the part of the candidate, in order to complete a vast array of projects (often independently) related to every aspect of non-profit business operation. The selected intern will have the ability to use their own creativity and experience to help complete assigned projects. The intern will be working with executive volunteers, event day volunteers, and PPF personnel.
Requirements- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Marketing or another applicable field.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Possess creativity, flexibility, variety, and growth potential.
- Should be open-minded, a fast learner, enthusiastic, and adaptable.
- Possess the skills to start and complete all projects assigned to him or her.
- Must adhere to all time-lines for projects. Each project will have a timeline of when it needs to be completed, usually one month prior to event. These time-lines are required to be followed by and not meeting these deadlines could result in termination.
- Possess their own vehicle, laptop and cell phone (for business calls only) in order to be able to work remotely as well as in the corporate office. Travel to meetings throughout the Metroplex will also be required.
- Is expected to be present and on time for all professional commitments, including PPF event/meetings which occur in the evening and on weekends.