Expedition Logistics ManagerBookmark This
Veteran Resource Network
DescriptionThe Veteran Resource Network is a 501(c)3 non-profit Veterans Service Organization. We have several programs including the Troops 2 Truckers (www.troops2truckers.net), AdventureVets (www.adventurevets.com), Big River Expedition (www.bigriverexpedition.com) and others. We are in great need of a talented Expedition Logistics Manager Intern to assist our team in planning and executing the Great River Expedition 2014, a 1900 mile Kayak training adventure from West Virginia to the Gulf of Mexico. You will be tasked with engineering an improved process for handing the pre-trip, trip, and post trip logistics.
Responsibilities- Assist the team with planning all aspects of the 1900 mile expedition.
- Participate in on-line or in-person participant interviews and identify potential candidates
- Provide administrative support to all staff, including, calendar management, organizing travel and events, completing expense reports, and submitting service requests directly related to the logistics of the expedition.
- Manage the order of supplies, meetings, concerts, training, including those using conference lines/ video conferences.
- Demonstrate discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness, and a persuasive, congenial personality
Requirements- Possess and exhibit a strong and genuine interest in working with people and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be an intermediate user of MS office products like Word, Excel, etc.
- Be comfortable working via Skype teleconferencing
- Have worked in an office of some type before
- Be very proficient with using the Internet
- Have a love for the US Military Veterans