External Affairs InternBookmark This
NYC Department of Consumer Affairs
New York, NY
The Department of Consumer Affair External Affairs Intern will assist staff with a range of projects including:
• Tracking pertinent media coverage of the Department.
• Monitoring consumer issues in new media and drafting Department responses.
• Assisting with press conferences as needed.
• Maintaining inventory and distributing publications.
• Collaborating on improving internal information management.
• Drafting correspondence on behalf of the Department.
• Maintaining up-to-date media lists.
• Assisting in special Department projects as needed.
This position requires a well-organized individual who wants to learn about external affairs within the public sector. A commitment to excellence and confidentiality is required and expected. Attention to detail and excellent written, verbal, and phone communication skills a must. Strong research and computer skills required. Must be proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet research and Outlook. Fluency in other languages helpful and a sense of humor a must.
DCA and the City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER INDICATING JVN# EXTERNAL AFFAIRS INTERN TO: Jobs@dca.nyc.gov (Must e-mail as MS Word only)