FOOD SERVICES ASSISTANT - Dishwasher (PRN, Days/Eves)Bookmark This
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital
18220 Tomball Parkway
Posted: May 08 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Work Shift: DAY/EVENINGWork Week
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, brining more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 251 licensed beds, 14 operating rooms and over 1,400 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.
SUMMARY: Performs a variety of duties including: cleaning of all dishes, trash removal, mopping of floors and special cleaning as assigned. Assists in the receiving and storage of food and in preparing and stocking food for the “Grab –n- Go” section in the café.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Cleans all patient ware, pots and pans.
2. Maintains all floors in kitchen, coolers, freezers and storerooms.
3. May assist in putting away food and beverage deliveries.
4. Covers, labels and dates all food items, as required. Maintains proper storage and sanitation of all items in storage, refrigerators and freezers.
5. Maintains proper sanitation of work area and equipment. Uses and follows all safety techniques in handling of equipment.
6. Practices good cost control through the proper use and storage of food, supplies and equipment.
7. Stock and prepare food for café / Deliver meals to patients.
8. Must adhere to Food and Nutrition standards of appearance and strictly comply with the City of Houston Food Ordinances.
9. Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence).
10. Demonstrates ServicePRIDE standards ( Smile and make eye contact; greet each patient and visitor; seek out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; take 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honor diversity; thanks every customer).
11. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High school diploma/GED required. May consider 2 years of experience in lieu of education.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of food service equipment and sanitation standards. 6 months of experience in food services, health care or hotel setting preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.”