Facilitating Technological SkillsBookmark This
New Economics for Women
303 S. Loma Dr.
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionAre you an enthusiastic and skilled individual, who is passionate about helping your community? The Latino Tech-Net program, managed by New Economics for Women (NEW), is looking to recruit individuals to increase technological skills in the underserved communities of Los Angeles and Canoga Park.
The Latino Tech-Net program is designed to help low-income communities in achieving a higher level of technological skills. The curriculum has been modeled to serve older adults and aid them in reaching their desired goals. The dynamic curriculum is facilitated in Spanish (English when necessary), by passionate individuals who know their community and wish to provide excellent service at all times. Facilitators are aware of current technology and understand the complexities behind computer processes. Each cycle of classes is 8 weeks, where the students meet twice a week for two hours. During this time the facilitator conveys the curriculum clearly with the help of worksheets and informative documents.
• Ensure that the program’s curriculum is delivered professionally and effectively to meet desired learning objectives.
• Relate to students in their personal and professional goals
• Contribute feedback to other facilitators and program manager
• Communicate with other facilitators regarding the information conveyed to the classroom on a daily basis
RequirementsDesired Personal Qualities
• Good sense of humor
• Strong sense of presence in the classroom
• Enthusiastic and objective oriented
• Passion for helping the community
• Bilingual (English and Spanish)