Facilities InternBookmark This
Black Hills Corporation
Rapid City, SD
CLOSING DATE: This position will close at midnight on December 15, 2013.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Support and assist various projects as assigned within the Companys Facilities Department. These projects will be assigned consistent with the Companys Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Companys multiple business units and enhancing the interns ability to apply his/her education in a business environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Manager Real Estate Facilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Complete field as-built measurements, notes and documentation of existing facility assets.
- Compile and enter facility related data into Archibus FM facility management database.
- Compile and enter facility related data into AutoCad 2012, and link asset records into Archibus FM facility management database.
- Participate in facility team meetings, including research and introduction of current facility management related trends and material.
- Participate in project related meetings, including continuous improvement projects targeted to improve our operational methods and efficiencies.
- Develop improved and effective communications of facility/project related issues and information.
- Complete an independent facilities project around the improvement and standardization of a facility service or asset (subject and scope TBD).
- Maintain strong working relationships within Supply Chain, Information Technology and Security Departments, and with the business unit customers.
- Maintain respectful working relationships with all vendors and consultants.
- None required.
- College junior or above working towards a degree in construction or facilities related major (Architectural Engineering, Construction Science or other related studies).
- Comfortable with reading construction related documents (plans and specifications).
- Knowledge of process improvement, flow charting, process mapping.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business, employee and applicant information.
- Participation in the Companys Industry Orientation Experiences, which will include some travel and overnight stays.
- Prepare and present a synopsis of experience with the Company at the end of the internship.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.