Fall Editorial Internship at StyleiteBookmark This
584 Broadway, Suite 510
New York, NY
DescriptionStyleite is seeking editorial interns for the fall semester! The ideal candidate is a current college or graduate student looking for hands-on writing experience at a news startup.
Styleite.com is the online destination for those searching for smart, opinionated takes on fashion and style news. The Styleite team covers everything from runway to media, retail to beauty. Styleite also hosts the web’s most innovative and interactive photo community, Style Sheets. Styleite’s Power Grid objectively ranks fashion industry professionals across a dozen categories based on their real-time relevance.
Styleite is a property of Abrams Media. Abrams Media is a group of editorial websites including Mediaite, a media news website; Geekosystem, a site devoted to tech and geek culture; Styleite, which covers beauty and fashion; SportsGrid, on sports and sports-related media; The Mary Sue, a site for female geeks; The Braiser, devoted to celebrity chefs; and The Jane Dough, which examines the business and political worlds through the female prism. Our CEO, Dan Abrams, is the on-air Legal Analyst for ABC News, an anchor for that network and the former General Manager of MSNBC.
ResponsibilitiesIf your dream job involves writing all day, our editorial internship is the one for you! Our editorial interns have a lot of freedom with what they choose to research and write about. Expect to do lots of writing. In return, you’ll get bylines. And probably free samples. Also: invites to fun events! (Which you'll be covering. Fun!) There are perks, we promise! If you know the head designers of major labels by heart, follow fashion news sites daily, and participate regularly in online style communities, this is the internship for you.
In addition, there are several qualifications that are preferred but by no means necessary:
- Knowledge of blogging software/HTML
- Experience with graphic design software such as Photoshop and video editing software such as Final Cut Pro or iMovie.
If interested, please attach ALL of the following documents to your application email to be sent to email@example.com:
- A resume
- A cover letter explaining why your experience, knowledge, and personality make you the ideal intern for a fashion blog.
- A brief post on which fashion designer has the best personal Twitter account, and why. This is your chance to show us what you can do, so take advantage of it!
Applications are rolling, so candidates should apply as soon as possible!
• Our fall internships run from September to December, with flexible start and end dates
• The internship is based in our offices in SoHo (although the right candidate can work remotely). Interns would need to be able to work a minimum of 2 days per week.
• Interns must be current college or graduate students who can receive academic credit for the internship; interns will be unpaid