Fall Editorial Internship at The BraiserBookmark This
584 Broadway, Suite 510
New York, NY
DescriptionThe Braiser is seeking editorial interns for the fall semester! The ideal candidate is a current college or graduate student looking for hands-on writing experience at a news startup.
The Braiser is an editorial property of Abrams Media. Abrams Media is a group of editorial websites including Mediaite, a media news website; Geekosystem, a site devoted to tech and geek culture; Styleite, which covers beauty and fashion; SportsGrid, on sports and sports-related media; The Mary Sue, a site for female geeks; The Braiser, devoted to celebrity chefs; and The Jane Dough, which examines the business and political worlds through the female prism. Our CEO, Dan Abrams, is the on-air Legal Analyst for ABC News, an anchor for that network and the former General Manager of MSNBC.
ResponsibilitiesCandidates should be obsessed with food and restaurant culture, watch the Food Network religiously, and know the name and resume of every celebrity chef by heart. We are looking for a strong writer who is as excited by the idea of working in a fast-paced, new media environment as they are by the season premiere of 'Top Chef.'
There are a few qualifications that are preferred, but by no means necessary:
• Knowledge of blogging software/HTML
• Experience with graphic design software such as Photoshop and video editing software such as Final Cut Pro or iMovie.
If interested, please email ALL of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• A resume
• A short cover letter explaining why your experience, knowledge, and personality make you the ideal intern for a chef-focused blog
• A brief post on which chef has the best personal Twitter account, and why. This is your chance to show us what you can do, so take advantage of it!
Applications are rolling, so candidates should apply as soon as possible.
• Our fall internships run from September to December, with flexible start and end dates
• The internship is based in our offices in SoHo, New York (although the right candidate can work remotely). Interns would need to be able to work a minimum of 2 days per week.
• Interns must be current college or graduate students who can receive academic credit for the internship; interns will be unpaid