Rotational Internship Program @ Venture-backed Tech Start-Up in SOMABookmark This
965 Mission Street, Suite #730
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionWe are a venture-backed, high growth technology company seeking an exceptional Intern to join our very talented, outgoing, and fun team! We provide a robust Retail Analytics Platform and CRM, are well positioned to capitalize on our fantastic product and are experiencing massive growth.
The Intern will be exposed to all aspects of the company through a rotational program encompassing Marketing, Sales, Account Management, and Operations.
Interns will receive school credit upon completion of the program. In addition, they will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of a growing, fast-paced startup, along with working alongside and learning from some of the top talents in the industry. At the end of the program the most successful interns will be asked to stay on board in a full-time capacity.
• Leverage social media and other platforms to familiarize retail chains with the Swarm brand
• Conduct market research in online, retail, and mobile sectors to understand Swarm’s customer needs and position Swarm to fill niche gaps that can benefit the retailer in ways they might not even know
• Develop detailed marketing plans incorporating media relations, current events, and press releases
• Raise awareness of the Swarm brand with the intention of gaining interest from not only retail customers, but also for possible partnerships with POS providers and other mobile-payment services
• Seek out leads to generate new retail clients through prospecting and sales calls
• Build a pipeline of contacts to create a robust CRM database
• Effectively communicate the wide range of benefits our platform can provide retail chains to improve their overall sales revenue, conversion rate, and more efficiently segment their target market
Account Management and Operations
• Manage Swarm devices from configuration to installation and carefully monitor the install process at client retail locations
• Active account management to cater to the needs of customers through regular communication to ensure the highest quality customer service
• Understand Swarm’s capabilities while managing the client’s expectations to facilitate the possibility of value-added propositions customized to each client
Daily Responsibilities and tasks may also include:
• Maintain, build, and network to improve current sales pipeline databases for partners/clients
• Work in development, deployment, and implementation of products (local, regional, and national)
• Interact with clients regarding collaborative efforts and growth possibilities
• Gain a deep understanding of Swarm’s products and services in a sales setting
• Ad Hoc assignments and projects as needed