Fall 2014 Information Technology Student Co-OpBookmark This
Job Duration: Fall 2014 ( August 2014- December 2014)
Compensation: Wage determined by class standing
Job Status: Full-time 32+ hours per week
May consist of any of the following:
* Will handle technical support calls at the IT Service Center, providing first-contact resolution when possible.
* Will manage access privileges for Users, database and middleware Objects on both hardware and software applications.
* Will troubleshoot Performance issues on both middleware and database technologies.
* Will be responsible for Development of new business applications or modules.
* Will develop and implement user friendly screen interfaces to databases (SQL and DB2).
* Will perform server engineering tasks: loading Windows, Lanier, AIX, and other HW requirements for applications and monitoring NW nodes.
* Will design wireless systems and communication networks.
* Will perform hands on PC memory upgrades, updating and managing inventory, deliver and install new computers at users locations.
* Will lead teams in developing and deploying new processes, provide project support, analysis and documentation for other projects.
* Must currently be a student attending an accredited school.
* Must have junior or senior class standing pursuing an undergraduate degree in CIS, MIS, Information Security, Marketing, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Application Development, Database Development/Design, or other related discipline.
* Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
* Must be able to commute to Detroit, MI and work up to 32+ hours each week.
* Must have some experience with one of the following; computer programming, computer networking and information security
* Must have good working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Access and computer skills.
* Must have good analytical, problem solving, and written/oral communication skills.
DTE Energy is a Fortune 500 company based in Detroit, MI. We are a diversified energy company, involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our operating units include Detroit Edison, an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, MichCon, a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on coal and gas mid-stream services, power and industrial projects, unconventional gas production and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at www.dteenergy.com/dteEnergyCompany.
*Job Function:* Information Technology & Services
*Primary Location:* Michigan-Southeast Michigan-Detroit
*Job Type:* Student Co-op
*Req ID:* 06313