Fall Political Polling InternBookmark This
Anzalone Liszt Research
1140 19th St NW
Application Deadline: July 31, 2013
Position: Full-time, Paid
Timeframe: 08/15/13 — 12/15/13 (Flexible)
ALR would like to announce an internship opening in our Washington, D.C. office from August – December 2013! We are a nationally recognized Democratic polling firm with offices in Montgomery, AL, Washington, D.C., and New York, NY. We conduct public opinion research and strategic consulting for President Barack Obama, two U.S. Senators, thirteen congressmen, dozens of statewide and legislative elected officials, and multiple labor organizations, progressive groups and associations.
In general, as an intern, you will get an inside perspective on public opinion polling - learning what it is, how it works, and how it is used in political campaigns. We want you to be aware of the kind of activities that will be expected of you if you choose to accept an internship with ALR. Your tasks will differ based on your skill set, performance, and proximity to an election cycle.
Responsibilities• Running crosstabs, tables, and partials
• Staying posted daily on political news and analysis
• Tracking ALR clients in the news and through social media
• Reviewing poll memos and presentations to be sent out to clients/campaigns
• Assisting with writing and reviewing weekly National Polling Summary
• Updating marketing materials, website, client lists, etc.
• Creating data maps to be used in client meetings
• Writing press releases of polling results
• Creating documents for Focus Group meetings
• Joining conference calls whenever possible
• Monitoring live interviews of our polls
• Spending time in local client offices to understand how campaigns use our polling
• Attending Local Democratic meetings
• Working on ALR Business Development projects