Field DepartmentBookmark This
People For the American Way
1101 15th Street, NW
DescriptionPeople For the American Way is a nationwide advocacy organization that mobilizes its members and activists to fight for rights that reflect the values of freedom, fairness, and equal opportunity; to champion constitutional protections and civil rights; to hold public officials accountable to those standards; and to promote strong democratic institutions, including a federal judiciary that upholds individual rights. The Field Department mobilizes People For the American Way activists, organizational allies, and the public in grassroots issue campaigns to affect public policy in local communities, state legislatures, and the U.S. Congress.
Internships in the Field Department of People For the American Way provide students a unique opportunity to gain comprehensive insight into the political process and inner workings of the field operations of a premier national organization. Most internships are unpaid, but we are happy to work with students to arrange academic credit. Part time internships are available.
ResponsibilitiesTo apply, email resume and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
People For the American Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
RequirementsPeople For the American Way's Field Department offers internships to help with the following duties:
• Conduct research and advance work for PFAW and People For the American Way Foundation campaigns and projects.
• Produce fliers and brochures for events and conferences.
• Draft action alerts and sample letters to the editors.
• Participate in local and national coalition meetings.
• Help to organize and staff hearings, rallies and other events.
• Assist with PFAW/F’s electoral programs.
• Help maintain daily operations of the department.
• Other duties as assigned.