Field Service Technician-EntryBookmark This
Fort Lewis, WA
DescriptionTo provide Sustainment support services to a wide variety of different types of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) worldwide through the Regional Support Center (RSC) This position is a Service Contract Act (SCA), Non-Exempt position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs HVAC (Heating Ventilation and Air-Conditioning) and Tactical ECU (Environmental Control Unit) system diagnostic testing, fault isolation to defective system component; makes repairs in a shop environment and also at the customer location.
• Performs inspection of system components, preventive maintenance, testing and troubleshooting of modules, logic assemblies, motor controllers and circuit cards.
• Performs refrigerant services and removal and replacement of refrigerant control devices such as compressors, evaporators, filter-driers, suction-accumulators, and expansion valves.
• Uses an assortment of refrigerant service equipment and electrical/electronic test equipment to fault isolate ECU/HVAC failures and make required repairs. • Installs approved modifications to ECU/HVAC equipment.
• Must possess an EPA Certification; uses Refrigerant Recovery and Reclaim protocol and procedures to maintain EPA complaint.
• Must possess the ability to solder and weld refrigerant components and piping with a strong knowledge of safe methods such as the use of low-flow dry nitrogen to prevent phosgene gas, and use of personal safety equipment.
• Maintains other electrical-mechanical equipment.
• Must be experienced in interpreting line drawings, interconnection drawing, electrical schematics, and use of Technical Manuals.
• Performs system functional analysis and failure data reporting, evaluates system performance, installs approved system modifications, and recommends system architecture and technical change proposals.
• Must have a background in electrical systems and experience level with electronic test equipment to fault isolate HVAC control circuitry such as motor controller and logic assemblies.
• Works with minimal supervision, documents maintenance tasks via local or web-based reporting system, provides system functional briefings to customer and supervisor.
• Performs logistic support requirements such as research, and equipment and spare part inventories.
• May supervise other employees or act as a small team or shop leader; performs other related duties as assigned.
• Position requires domestic travel and may also require international travel for extended periods in support of contingency operations.
• Must posses a valid US drivers license and passport and maintain deployment readiness and security clearance as a condition of employment.
High School Degree and 1 year of relevant qualified experience
• This position requires that the candidate be willing to go TDY in support of this contract which may include deployed locations such as Kuwait and/or Afghanistan
• Candidates must be willing to work and live in U.S. Military Bases and travel between U.S. Bases by Military AIR or Force Protected convoy.
• Candidate must possess a valid US drivers license and US passport.
• Candidate must meet all physical, medical and other requirements for overseas deployment in accordance with current DoD regulations. To review the requirements for overseas deployment in accordance with DOD regulations please review the following site: http://www.campatterbury.in.ng.mil/IndividualReplacementDeploymentOperationsIRDO/SchedulingEducationandEquipmentInformation/tabid/1599/Default.aspx
Clearance Required: Secret
**Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to **classified information.
More Information: This job opening is just one of the many openings we have. For more information about ManTech, visit us at our web site www.mantech.com and click on CAREERS. ManTech is an Equal Opportunity
Requires High School diploma or equivalent, and three to four years of related experience. Technical training equivalent to an Associate’s degree preferred.
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation’s defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.