Finance InternshipBookmark This
The Valspar Corporation is the fourth largest global manufacturer and distributor of paints and coatings. Since 1806, Valspar has provided customers and consumers with industry-leading innovation, high quality products and superior customer service. The company manufactures and distributes industrial coatings used in a variety of applications including automotive, general metals, consumer packaging and wood. In addition, Valspar's paints and stains are sold to consumers and professional painters under recognized global brands including the flagship Valspar brand, Cabot wood stains, Huarun paints in China and Wattyl paints in Australia.
Valspar employs more than 10,000 people worldwide, with sales offices in more than 25 countries and research labs and manufacturing facilities in more than 15 countries. The company generated more than $4.0 billion in sales for fiscal year 2013, with approximately half of those revenues coming from international markets.
For more than 200 years, Valspar’s leadership in technology and innovation has enhanced the beauty of homes, improved the durability of industrial products and protected what we eat and drink. It's why we say, "if it matters, we're on it."
Valspar’s Global Finance and Accounting group is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN. This undergraduate experience will provide individuals with a substantial career learning opportunity by working directly with various business finance groups, corporate finance, treasury, or general accounting areas.
- Analyze and prepare financial reports and research financial discrepancies
- Conduct special studies and develop/recommend accounting methods and procedures
- Assist with special projects that deliver value to the organization
- Develop basic monthly, quarterly, and annual financial or operational reports
- Self-confidence, initiative, and leadership
- Results driven approach to work
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to build trusting business relationships across the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Process of completing junior year with a planned graduation date of December 2014 or May 2015.