Financial Analyst Global ReportingBookmark This
DescriptionReference Code: 1400077
Newell Rubbermaid is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products that touch the lives of people where they live, work and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial Brands That MatterTM while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our globally recognized brands include Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, Rolodex, IRWIN, LENOX, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody and Teutonia.General Responsibilities:
The Financial Analyst will be a partner to the overall organization as we work to standardize and improve our global reporting. This position will provide timely, accurate financial information. The position also supports the Finance team in meeting organizational goals, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Work with functional counterparts to support and improve reporting process.
- Assist in the design and development of enterprise wide Business intelligence, data warehousing, executive dashboard and other information delivery technologies
- Collaborates with the business and data governance teams to design and implement common data standards to enable consistent and accurate reporting for the business
- Assist in development and deployment of effective scenario planning capabilities
- Develop and update meaningful metrics and reporting tools that can facilitate decision-making.
- Supports the strategic planning process and supports the development of the business strategy through consistent and accurate reporting models and analytics
- Ensures system integrity for internal and external financial reporting globally and supports senior business leaders needs in the development of key reports/standards
- Work with teams to forecast SGA expenditures. Research and explain variances to previous estimates and prior year.
- Leverages information systems to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Drives financial integrity through the organization and promotes respect of controls as part of the infrastructure of the business
- Supports the monthly close process by providing standardized reporting across the organization
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- Zero to two years of relevant Accounting or Finance experience
- Possess a thorough understanding of financial statements and relationships between income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Cross-functional teamwork experience
- Very strong PC skills and proficiency with various applications; MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word required, SAP experience preferred
- Ability to improve costs, profitability, processes.
- Completed or pursuing advanced degrees or certifications a plus
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Self-motivated in achieving goals and completing routine tasks
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Newell Rubbermaid and its Business Units are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.