Financial AnalystBookmark This
Coordinates and manages complex financial accounting and analysis relating to General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Regulatory Accounting Principles (RAP) issues. The responsibility also includes researching and providing accounting and disclosure guidance based on accounting authoritative literature and pronouncements. Provides technical accounting and finance expertise on a wide range of accounting and business issues, including the impacts on the relevant disclosures.
- Provides accounting guidance on all accounting and disclosure related matters.
- Researches current and emerging accounting issues and implements related accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP, SEC requirements and regulatory accounting.
- Prepares accounting analysis and whitepapers
- Analyzes complex business transactions and determines accounting requirements, including the related disclosures
- Coordinates the preparation of external financial reports in compliance with SEC and other regulatory reporting requirements.
- Prepares draft financial statements, footnotes, and management's discussion and analysis
- Acts as liaison with external auditors on accounting and disclosure related issues
- Facilitates and supports identification of process improvements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent. CPA required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of three years' experience including auditing, financial accounting and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in application of a broad range of technical accounting and reporting requirements.
- Experience with application of ASC 815 to complex derivative transactions preferred.
- Experience with application of ASC 810 to new acquisitions/contracts preferred.
- Working knowledge of IFRS and differences from US GAAP preferred.
- Experience in the energy industry preferred.
- Ability to organize work independently and to work in teams.
- Computer skills include the MS suite, additionally SAP experience preferred.
- Highly developed oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to present and communicate financial information to large and/or small audiences
- Ability to respond quickly to changing customer requirements and changes in the business; flexibility in working hours required. Must have the ability to work overtime during peak reporting periods.
- Must successfully complete an online assessment, if required.
About DTE Energy
DTE Energy is a Fortune 500 company based in Detroit, MI. We are a diversified energy company, involved in the development and management of energy-related businesses and services nationwide. Our operating units include DTE Electric Company, an electric utility serving 2.2 million customers in Southeastern Michigan, DTE Gas Company, a natural gas utility serving 1.3 million customers in Michigan and other non-utility, energy businesses focused on coal and gas mid-stream services, power and industrial projects, unconventional gas production and energy trading. Information about DTE Energy is available at
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.