Financial AnalystBookmark This
Sonoco, a multi-billion dollar global provider of consumer and industrial packaging, is looking for a financial analyst. This position isresponsible for assisting in all phases of financial reporting, planning and various types ofanalysis. Responsibilities include assistance in strategic planning, competitive cost analysis, special project assignments, acquisition analysis and valuation as well as preparation of various pro formas as they relate to major expansions, acquisitions.
- Assist with routine month end reporting, Ad hoc plant reporting and plant variance analysis.
- Responsible for assisting Division management in the preparation of cost valuations, capital project justifications, acquisition analysis, plant shutdowns or expansions, as well as various financial pro formas.
- Conduct financial analysis and special project work for the division, including preparation of various pro formas, discounted cash flows, ROIs as they related to major expansion/acquisitions/divestitures and business valuations.
- Conduct financial, information, post completion capital audits, and internal control audits
- Required to work closely with division and Plant management to develop ad hoc and standard computerized reporting packages via financial databases, electronic spreadsheets and PC networks to insure accomplishment of Division strategic goals.
- Familiar with techniques of statistical analysis and operations research; recommend and implement appropriate models/electronic spreadsheets to improve forecasting and planning.
- Assist in communications, reporting and analysis of international results.
- Responsible for reviewing submitted capital projects checking the accuracy of the justification calculations and compliance with Corporate and Division capital policy.
- Assist in the budgeting process.
- Assists / coordinates with SOX requirements in the division.
- Oversees fixed asset accounting, supplemental, timely closures, etc.
- Assist with preparation of Quarterly forecasts, and explanations/commentary of variances to prior year and budget.
- Assist with training of new manufacturing and sales personnel in Sonoco accounting and financial systems.
- Assist the financial portion of the strategic planning process.
- Four Year Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent.
- Preferred: Advanced Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Preferred Certifications: CPA, CMA.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to grasp a general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively organize and structure activities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 5years of financial experience.
- Individual has strong knowledge of financial reporting and analysis.