Financial Analyst PFS Reporting\PROS (40hrs Days)Bookmark This
Boston Medical Center
DescriptionDescription Under the general direction of and guidance from the Manager of Revenue Operations and Business Intelligence, the PFS Reporting Analyst is responsible for the compilation, distribution, and analysis of monthly revenue cycle reporting package in addition to ad hoc analyses. Report, monitor and identify areas for revenue cycle improvement through analysis of various data streams with the goal of improved financial performance; collaboration with all service lines across BMC; modifies and maintains policies and procedures as needed for Patient Financial Services department. Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in business, health or public administration, management, accounting, finance, economics, or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience can be substituted.
Minimum of two years of experience in healthcare finance and/or receivables reporting, or two years of experience in financial reporting or related field.
· Effective communication skills
· Problem-solving for all types of issues
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
· Skills in using hospital related systems and MicroSoft Office
· Knowledge of medical terminology and coding certificate
· Detail oriented
Reporting writing experience in GE Centricity a plus
- Working knowledge in the areas of patient registration, billing, accounts receivable (A/R), cash posting, managed care contracts, health insurance rules, industry regulatory requirements, business office operations, AR performance reporting, and healthcare resolution management practices.
- Superior analytical skills and ability to critically evaluate and synthesize complex processes and large sets of data for trend analysis, operations improvement, and root cause analysis.
- Strong reporting background with eye for clean, professional looking products.
- Ability to follow and develop detailed policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze data for operations efficiency, auditing, and root cause analysis.
- Detailed oriented and organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to motivate cross-functional teams to achieve excellence.
- Strong quantitative, analytic, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to present information effectively in both written and oral forms.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint, fast keystroke speed
- Familiarity with medical terminology and revenue cycle processes.
- Familiarity with insurance carrier policies and rejection codes.