Financial Analyst - St. Louis, MO JobBookmark This
Saint Louis, MO
DescriptionJob ID: 20131909-7894
Scottrade, Inc. has a Financial Analyst position available in Saint Louis, MO. The main purpose of this position is to be responsible for the research, development, implementation and maintenance of enterprise wide quantitative Balance Sheet and Income Statement models for internal and regulatory stress tests. This position will oversee the maintenance and enhancement of tools and techniques used to support model testing and validation. This position will also support regulatory examinations and audits of the stress test modeling process and component models in conjunction with capital related research and analysis based on industry and peer data, and regulatory developments affecting the capital adequacy, planning and modeling process.
* Prepare, analyze and manage large data sets involving historical Balances and Incomes for statistical analyses.
* Manage ongoing and sustainable stress testing process that meets all Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and Federal Reserve Board requirements under the Dodd-Frank Act.
* Work with the appropriate business unit representatives, as well as senior and executive management and external regulators to relate model design and construction to relevant business and regulatory drivers.
* Evaluate assumptions, analyze data and present results of financial modeling.
* Improve and maintain models for stress scenario losses, pre-provision net revenue (PPNR), provision for loan and lease losses (PLLL), net income and capital ratios; leveraging or extending as appropriate the existing models.
* Develop detailed documentation of processes, procedures and performance tracking related to model development and application process.
* Research regulatory guidance and maintain enterprise policies and procedures.
* Support enterprise wide balance sheet forecasting and planning process.
* Participate in the ongoing analysis of the bank and brokerage investment portfolios.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* High proficiency with advanced math terminology, econometric/statistical analysis and financial modeling techniques, especially time-series analysis.
* Ability to understand data segmentation, model development and validation, macroeconomic performance and credit loss forecasting techniques.
* Knowledge of the wholesale and retail banking and brokerage businesses and the related models used in those businesses to manage risk.
* Understanding of financial and accounting principles, terminology and concepts.
* Understanding of fixed income terminology, product structures and financial instruments offered by banks.
* Solid working knowledge of micro and macro-economic fundamentals.
* Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
* Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Advanced knowledge of balance sheet modeling and database software.
* Ability to grasp complex information quickly and accurately.
* Strong attention to detail and process orientation in order to prioritize tasks.
* Proven ability to meet deadlines and drive results using multiple sources of information within short timelines.
* Advanced written and verbal communication skills in order to present findings to multiple audiences.
* Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers and all Scottrade associates and by having a positive attitude.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
* 4+ years experience with financial accounting, fixed income investing, and financial analysis required.
2+ years experience with financial modeling/forecasting required.
Scottrade, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is committed to inclusion and a diverse workforce.
Languages English – Spoken, English – Written
Location MO - St Louis