Financial Planning InternBookmark This
Jon Baker Financial Group
1050 Crown Pointe Pkwy, Suite 1590
DescriptionJon Baker Financial Group is an independent fee-based financial planning firm located in Atlanta, GA. We are seeking several candidates to fill positions in our structured intern program, which is designed to provide college internship course credit. Through our program, interns will have the opportunity to participate and gain experience in the planning process and to develop relevant skills that will appeal to prospective employers upon graduation. In fact, a number of our part-time interns have gone on to become full-time salaried employees of the firm. Our office is located in the Sandy Springs/Dunwoody area and is conveniently located one-half mile from the Sandy Springs Marta station.
Email resume with cover letter to Brian@jbakeradvisor.com. No calls please.
Securities and Investment Advisory Services through Woodbury Financial Services, Inc., Member FINRA, SIPC and Registered Investment Advisor. Jon Baker Financial Group Inc. and Woodbury Financial Services, Inc. are not affiliated entities.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern duties are designed for non-licensed individuals and will provide experience in the administrative functions of a financial planning firm. While interns will be exposed to many areas of the practice, each intern’s duties will be uniquely designed around his/her individual interests and abilities. These duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting in the preparation of written financial plans.
• Developing and/or enhancing the firm’s social media campaign.
• Analyzing client data to provide recommended action steps for advisors in response to specific client questions/scenarios.
• Preparing meeting outlines and client deliverables for advisors prior to appointments.
• Organizing events and seminars for current and potential clients.
• Assisting in the maintenance of client files in compliance with FINRA and SEC guidelines.
• Updating and maintaining the client relationship management (CRM) system.
Requirements• Working toward a degree in Financial Planning or a related field.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Knowledge of Microsoft® office, with proficiency preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Desire and ability to commit to our extensive one-year internship program is desired, but not required.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Background/credit check will be conducted prior to placement.