Firmware Engineer - Graduate InternBookmark This
DescriptionJob Description: Firmware Engineers develop firmware in a multidisciplinary organization and collaborate with design, and/or hardware engineers in the design, development of Solid State Drives (SSDs). In this role the engineer will work within a firmware team to deliver firmware to meet or exceed product requirements. The team operates within an Agile development process and may define and/or respond to real time need for current or sustaining products. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgment and formal software and/or firmware development and test process. Develops firmware for products supporting interface standards such as SATA, SAS, and PCIe.
Ideal intern candidates must be enrolled in an accredited University working toward or have completed an MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering or Computer Science. Ideal candidates have a mix of HW and SW skills.
- Knowledge of embedded firmware, real-time operating system (RTOS), and HW/SW interactions.
- Experience with C, assembly, and scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
- Knowledge of firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, emulators, and toolchains.
- Ability to work independently to develop firmware or software that implements the defined functionality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organization, presentation, and teamwork skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate results in academic projects related to the above areas.
Must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without sponsorship.