Floor Staff Personnel Part TimeBookmark This
YMCA of Greater Boston
East Boston, MA
Position Type: Hourly Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Floor Staff team members are involved in the engagement and assessment of members and program participants for a diverse population. You must be able to recognize a member’s potential and limitations. Floor Staff employees must proctor the fitness floor, offering advice to members, cleaning fitness equipment, monitoring the use and being an upbeat ambassador for the Y’s healthy living mission.
Qualities Needed for This Position:
• Exhibit a reasonable high quality level of physical fitness
• Be enthusiastic; have an outgoing personality-Strong Customer Service.
• Must be reliable, flexible and adaptable!
• Applicant must have good communication skills and possess the ability to provide excellent customer service to members and guests.
• Degree in exercise Science or Physical Education
• ACE,AFAA,FRA,NSCF or ACSM personal trainer certification
• CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
• A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in fitness