Front End CashierBookmark This
San Jose, CA
We are looking for a goal-oriented Front EndCashier who thrives on being successful. Mi Pueblo Food Center offers professional opportunities for career growth, investment and development to individuals seeking to make an impact.
Essentialduties include, but are not limited to:
- Operate a cash register and tally customer purchases.
- Count money accurately, effectively, and quickly.
- Understand state programs such as WIC, EBT, etc.
- Identify and report counterfeit money.
- Uphold Federal and State regulations concerning the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Provide undivided attention and customer service to patrons.
- Check out customer groceries efficiently and accurately.
- Count and organize a till at the end of the shift.
- Package each customer's purchases so that they can be transported safely and easily.
- Handle merchandise needs with care to preserve the quality and value of each purchase.
- Know the location of merchandise.
- Answer customer questions, check prices, retrieve merchandise, and return unwanted items to the shelves.
- Suggest Company products and services to customers.
- Operate equipment and machinery such as baler, forklift, etc. based on operational needs.
- Other duties common to the Front End department may be assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- Minimum of 1yearexperience in a cash handling, customer service role required preferred.
- High school diploma/GEDor equivalent work experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) highly preferred
- Work well with others in a team oriented environment where one willingly takes on additional tasks with a positive attitude to help out the team/department.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services - this includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to coach and lead diverse work teams to achieve performance, quality , cost, and service goals
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job
- Fast paced, high volume, detail oriented work environment
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Occasionally requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavyobjects or materials.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Requires extensive use of hands
- Reach above and below shoulder height, constant walking, standing in one place for long periods of time, bending, stooping, lifting, etc.
- Work in hot and cold environments.
- Follow company health and safety rules andwearprotective equipment when and where applicable.
- Safely use food handling and sanitation chemicals and equipment to maintain department cleanliness standards and local , State and Federal agencies regulations and requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the cyclical nature of the grocery industry, team members are required to work varying shifts and schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays, which reflect the Company's operating requirements.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.