DescriptionWe are an early-stage stealth startup based out of NJ. Our team has great startup experience and we are backed by well-known serial entrepreneurs.
We are looking for a frontend engineer who can work with us in building the product prototype. You will have a significant role in developing this product and based on your performance this job may convert into a key role in the startup. We are open to Full-time and Part-time availability, but work commitment and timelines have to be defined early on. We are looking to build this prototype in couple of months, so timelines will be aggressive.
Regarding frontend project:
The candidate can work in a virtual setting or can work from our location in Central Jersey.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of the following:
• JS DOM
• Experience with scripting language such as PHP/Python or Ruby is a plus
• Experience with MySQL is a plus
This is not a Graphic or web designer job! You need to have working knowledge of frontend technologies. We will provide graphics and mockups.
This is a paid job and we are offering $10-$20 per hour based on your experience. This comes along with valuable startup experience and an opportunity to define your role in this early stage startup.
Please send us your resume along with links to any previous work you may have done.
Doesn’t matter. We don’t believe grades translate into programming capabilities. We also don’t care about what courses you take as nobody can make you a good programmer if you don’t want to be one. We expect that your work and interpersonal skills will speak for you louder than your grades and coursework. Please provide samples of prior work or references if available.
• Tie the backend to the frontend using scripts developed in programming language of your choice – PHP, Python or Ruby.
• Translate designs and mockups into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance (IE and Chrome).
• You should appreciate the details that make a front-end user experience memorable, and demonstrate enthusiasm for new front-end technologies.
• Follow milestones, deliver results, and iterate on feedback quickly.
• Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a Lean Startup mentality.
• Knowledge of programming languages such as PHP, Python or Ruby, and MySQL databases is a plus.
• Knowledge of Responsive Web Design principles is a huge plus.
• Experience in building a social network or knowledge of technologies used to build Pinterest is a plus.
• Knowledge of integrating external APIs (such as Facebook, twitter) is a plus.
• Passion for building viral consumer products that will make the world better.
• Quick learner and self-starter is a requirement – we will provide guidance but will not spoon-feed!