Full-time Conferences and Delegations – InternshipBookmark This
German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern US, Inc.
1170 Howell Mill Road Suite 300
DescriptionThe German American Chamber of Commerce of the Southern US, Inc. (GACC South) is a private, non-profit organization which serves as the official representative of German industry and trade in the Southern United States. Our mission is to promote and support bilateral trade between Germany and the US. Over the past 30 years the GACC South has established a strong network consisting of over 700 members within the German-American business community. The Projects Team focuses on organizing events and delegations for German clients in the Southern region and Germany.
We are seeking a full-time intern to gain hands-on experience using her/his business education in real-world applications. He/She will be assisting in organizing events and delegations. For this internship an eye for details and strong organizational skills are essential!
You will work closely with current staff and managers to organize GACC South conferences, delegations and business trips and will communicate directly with clients and service providers. Due to our small and flexible organizational structure it is necessary for each employee to assume full responsibility for their assigned duties as quickly and completely as possible.
ResponsibilitiesYour job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Administrative responsibilities relevant to event coordination
• Assist in all aspects of organizing GACC South conferences and delegations
• Create invitations, mailings and promotional materials
• Event planning, implementation, and post event follow-up
• Active customer relationship management
• Successful completion of Bachelor’s (or equivalent) or higher degree in business administration, marketing, or tourism and event management
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Excellent communication and customer-service skills
• High comfort level interacting with clients, suppliers and service providers
• Ability to work effectively in a team-based and international environment
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft applications
• Excellent spoken and written English and German
• Previous event management experience is a plus
• Problem solving skills and an eye for details are a must
• Confidence and a “can-do” attitude
• TYPO3, HTML
This is a paid internship and is an excellent opportunity to train with a great young team in an international environment.
Start date: rolling start dates (Duration of internship: 12 months)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Own expenses for intern: Health insurance, housing, travel expenses, J1-Visa fee (if applicable)
How to apply: Please email your application to email@example.com. - Cover letter, two references (employment or university reference letter) and resume attached.
Information for applicants:
Thank you very much for your application and your interest in this position. Due to the high volume of applications we are receiving we are not able to answer each application personally. We are in the process of reviewing all incoming applications. If we find your skills meet our particular needs we will contact you.