- Internships /
- Fundraising Coordinator Internship
Fundraising Coordinator InternshipBookmark This
Bridging the Gap Community Center
3916 Old Lexington Rd.
Posted: January 22 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Bridging the Gap Community Center for the Bridge Project is seeking Interns for the Bridge Project. The Bridge Project mission is to support under-served middle school age children through athletic, educational and enrichment programs to help them achieve academic success, develop the personal skills and traits necessary to reach their goals and grow as individuals of sound character and reputation.
The Bridging the Gap Community Center is a small grass root and community focused, but successful non-profit looking to expand its mission and services. To do this, Bridge Project is seeking qualified individuals for various internship positions. Because of its structure (with people working remotely from all over the US), BTGCC is looking for independently-driven, but team-oriented individuals who are able to be proactive without direct supervision and with the ability to manage multiple tasks well.
In addition, individuals working as interns for BTGCC should be familiar with and committed to upholding and promoting the Bridge Project’s mission of supporting under-served middle school age children through athletic, educational and enrichment programs.
There are currently five internships available, all of which are unpaid positions. If your school provides internship credit, we are happy to provide assistance securing it. While start and end dates are negotiable for these internships, the Bridge Project is especially interested in candidates who are able to work with our organization for several months (ideally a semester minimum) and those who are willing to work independently with direction as needed (after being trained on the Bridge Project organizational structure).We want someone who is: fun, flexible, creative, a self-starter, and a team player!!!
The internship is ideal for at least an associate's degree with 2 years of professional experience, junior professionals with bachelors and students seeking masters or PhDs whose background or experience, degree and majors include Agriculture & Earth care; Environmental Studies & Science; Public Health and Nutrition: Social Work; Mass Communication & Journalism; Business Communications, English, Math, Middle School Education, Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, and/or related areas.
Please read the description of the listed position and its requirements below. Submit your resume and cover letter to: Kenneth@wholemanministries.com For questions or concerns, please send them to the email listed, or contact us at (336) 602-3819. All current internships with Bridging the Gap Community Center are unfortunately unpaid positions.
Responsibilities•Manages and oversees the Bridging the Gap Community Center Fundraising projects
•Researches, plans and implements funding/fundraising strategies for programs, events and overall organization
•Develops relationships with donors and sponsors
•Researches and oversees the process for submitting and receiving grant funding
•Updates comprehensive records and database of funders and sources of funds
•Tracks all donations received by the organization
•Plans and manages approved fundraising budgets and timelines
• Prepares and presents funding reports for the organization
RequirementsThe internship is ideal for junior professionals with bachelors and students seeking masters or PhDs whose background or experience, degree and majors include Agriculture & Earth Care; Environmental Studies & Science; Public Health and Nutrition: Social Work; Mass Communication & Journalism; Business Communications, English, Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, and/or related areas:
• Students who are pursuing a degree in Public Administration, Nonprofit Management, Communication, Organizational Management, Business, or a related field of study
• Interest in working in the nonprofit or public sector
• Comfort in working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-sufficient and self-motivated, requiring little supervision
• A passion for supporting local, community and Educational systems and social justice for rights academic success and achievement
• A team player who is able to take instruction from upper management and staff, while working independently with other interns and volunteers.
• A self-starter who can takes initiative with little to no direction
• A resourceful specialist with excellent time management
• A quick learner with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment
• Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to foster lasting community relationships