Fundraising Intern (Virtual)Bookmark This
DescriptionT.R.Y.B.E. Force, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization, anti-violence program targeted towards teens in urban communities. We distinguish ourselves by not just facilitating trainings on philosophies of nonviolence, but by teaching teens to utilize what they learned in their everyday lives – bringing it back to their communities. As an intern, you will assist with our marketing, sales and developmental projects while making our communities a safer place to live, work and play.
Responsibilities• Assist with all activities related to T.R.Y.B.E Forces’ support of local fundraising affiliates, including: ongoing communication and outreach; fund development training; event planning and management; data entry; and internet research.
• Support retail and cause-related marketing programs and communication including: preparing correspondence, presentations, proposals; assembling materials; assisting with program trainings; providing administrative support around budgets, and financial reports.
• Support fundraising programs and communication with current donors including solicitation mailings; editing letters, proposals, and funding reports; and compiling summaries of funding-supported programs.
• Perform internet and phone research on corporations and foundations; and organizing research data for effective presentation of information.
Requirements• Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree seeking student (preferred).
• Goal-oriented; proficient in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong verbal and written presentation skills; excellent analytical and problem solving skills, interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
• Ability to communicate effectively through telephone, email and written communications.
• Ability to develop effective systems and operations to support teamwork.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Internet Explorer skills.