Fundraising InternshipBookmark This
Rebuild Our Shore
DescriptionRebuild Our Shore is a non-profit corporation located in and registered with the State of New Jersey whose mission is to provide assistance to Sandy victims through various channels. In an effort to fund future construction projects, we have embarked on an outside fundraising campaign in which we solicit outside organizations to raise funds for Rebuild Our Shore. During your internship, you will help Rebuild Our Shore build its donor database, assist outside organizations and individuals in holding ROS beneficial fundraisers and assist the Director of Fundraising as needed.
This internship position will provide substantial experience in non-profit development and management, event planning, researching donor prospects, solicitation strategizing in addition to gaining valuable office experience with a non-profit.
ResponsibilitiesDuties include but are not limited to:
• Promoting the outside fundraising campaign to outside organizations and individuals in an effort to encourage them to hold fundraisers that benefit Rebuild Our Shore.
• Monitoring the activity of organizations and individuals raising money for Rebuild Our Shore and ensuring that they are following Rebuild Our Shore’s fundraising guidelines.
• Making fitting, experience based recommendations to the Director of Fundraising regarding Rebuild Our Shore’s fundraising guidelines.
• Serving as a point of contact and liaison to organizations fundraising for Rebuild Our Shore and providing them access to Rebuild Our Shore’s resources when fitting
• Help with organizing events and pre-event preparation
• Appearing at events as a Rebuild Our Shore representative
• Attending bi-weekly or monthly meetings with Rebuild Our Shore’s fundraising committee
• Help with maintaining database records
Interns will be expected to work a 10-20 hours per week (this is flexible), most of which should be completed during normal business hours. Interns will be expected to work mostly outside of ROS’ Toms River office as we will be bringing on interns in various regions although you will be asked to attend occasional meetings near in the Ocean County region. This requires an ability to perform tasks with little direct supervision.
RequirementsRequirements and Qualifications:
• Excellent computer skills
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Strong organizational abilities
• Ability to operate standard office equipment
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks
• Ability to work effectively with little supervision
• Clear a criminal background check