Gameplay Analyst Waystone GamesBookmark This
EA Studios Waystone
Redwood City, CA
Waystone Games was created by avid gamers in 2011 to develop online games as directly with our players as possible. As gamers ourselves, were very interested in the bleeding edge of not only design and technology, but also in the emerging models between a studio and its players. Our goal will always be to create the game that we would want to play, to get it into our players hands as fast as we can, and then iterate with them until it's right.
Dawngate is Waystone's first game, a new MOBA, built from the ground up to look and feel familiar while offering a whole new way to experience MOBA gameplay. MOBA is, for us, the most exciting place to be: its competitive, its online, its creative, its multiplayer, and we feel that its only just been discovered. Its what were interested in, and we want to make a contribution.
Waystone Games, the creator of Dawngate is looking for an experienced, energetic, full-time Gameplay/Telemetry Analyst to work closely with the content development team by using large quantities of game telemetry data to design studies, propose new content ideas, execute hypothesis and A/B tests, measure and analyze study results, and present findings in a concise and clear manner to empower the decision making of design and engineering leadership. Furthermore, the gameplay/telemetry analyst is responsible for acting as the primary point of contact for all data and analytics requests with respect to gameplay and content. An ideal candidate will also have the ability or aspirations to oversee and manage the entire studio-wide analytics effort to support all aspects of game development and live service as well as inform business decisions.
- Discover, define, develop and refine a library of metrics, reports, and dashboards focused on player actions, experiences and journey throughout the game.
- Identify outliers, anomalies, and emerging behaviors in the player base in timely fashion.
- Provide regular feedback to design on the health of the game and the success of newly developed content.
- Engage closely with other analysts to support analytical efforts in Monetization, Marketing, and Finance.
- Act as liaison between analytics and gameplay engineering.
- Assist in evaluating the efficacy of marketing programs and promotions by valuing in-game outcomes.
- The ideal candidate will also be able to lead and manage a small team of analysts supporting ongoing live service development, game design, and business decision making
- B.A. or B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science Engineering Sciences, or related fields.
- Passion for gaming, with a focus on MOBAs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with business acumen and a passion for data-driven decision making.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills that translate data into decision support; high attention to detail.
- Strong SQL skills; familiarity with data warehousing structures and best practices preferred.
- Experience with MicroStrategy and/or Tableau considered a plus.
- Familiarity working with video game metrics and datasets, particularly within gameplay telemetry.
- Candidate should have a good knowledge of general game design paradigms.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Team player and self-starter with the ability to liaise with multiple teams and stakeholders, including Gameplay Engineering, Design, and Marketing.
Job ID: 30086