Tractor Mechanic InternBookmark This
Hillcrest Event Center
16260 East 350th Street
DescriptionThe Hillcrest Event Center is currently seeking a qualified Tractor Mechanic. Interns in this position will repair and maintain vehicles as necessary for continuous, safe performance and operating efficiency. This internship will prepare students for a vast overview of tractors and prepare them for an exciting career.
Responsibilities• Diagnoses mechanical failures and repairs tractors and tractor components according to manuals, factory specifications, and knowledge of engine performances, using hand tools, power tools, and testing instruments: Attaches compression, ignition, and timing test instruments to certain parts of tractor, using clamps and hand tools.
• Duties include maintenance and repair of our fleet of tractors, trailers, and forklifts
• Starts engine dials and reads meters and gauges of testing equipment to diagnose engine malfunction.
• Removes and disassembles engine, transmission, and clutches, using hoists, jacks, and mechanic's hand tools.
• Inspects parts for damage, and verifies dimensions and clearances of parts for conformance to factory specifications, using gauges, such as calipers, and micrometers.
• Replaces or repairs worn or damaged parts.
• Grinds valves, relines and adjusts brakes, tightens body bolts, aligns wheels, and tunes engine.
• May weld defective body or frame parts.
Requirements• Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license have dependable transportation necessary to perform the essential duties.
• Repair Technician Certification, or Mechanic Trade School Diploma preferred
• Previous experience and mechanical background required