Graduate Level Advanced Analytics InternshipBookmark This
Liberty Mutual Insurance
DescriptionDescription Advanced AnalyticsInternshipBoston, MA or Seattle, WAMatch your interests to a real job and gain valuable business experience at a Fortune 100 company!Liberty Mutual's internship program gives you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job.Learn about the insurance business and acquire statistical analysis experience working within one of our many research groups. Liberty Mutual Statisticians and Analystswork in a collaborative and dynamic environment, addressing a broad array of challenging, cutting-edge problems. They apply statistical methods to translate business issues into meaningful and verifiable quantitative analysis then develop models to understand and find solutions for these complex business questions. Propose new statistical and mathematical techniques to help solve real business problems. We have great opportunities for advanced analytics and statistical talents to bring new techniques to the exciting area of predictive modeling. Using predictive modeling, we have significantly improved the accuracy of our insurance product pricing and the quality and efficiency of claim management in all lines of business. Provide statistical and analytical support to the various research teams on special projects and gather competitive intelligence. Liberty Mutual Statisticians and Analysts make recommendations to management and bring real business value to our customers. Frequent interactions with senior management, field operations, and other quantitative and technical insurance professionals support their efforts to build robust models for continuous improvement of the organization. Liberty MutualAdvanced AnalyticsInternships - Perform meaningful work in an environment that supports your learning through assignments in our many of our lines of business.
- Apply your academic knowledge and test your skills while working on a variety of real-world business assignments.
- Gain in-depth practical experience in commercial and personal market lines.
- Learn about products from both lines while working in a variety of disciplines such as: product management research, claim research, distribution research, marketing research, etc.
- Utilize your quantitative skills to analyze and summarize data, formulate findings, and provide recommendations.
- Develop various predictive models to answer different business problems by using statistical software such as SAS, R etc.
- Prepare and manipulate the data by using statistical software such as SAS, R etc.
- Assist others with conducting business research by gathering data, identifying options, and creating non-routine reports with detailed analyses.
- Perform additional duties as required.