Graduate Research InternBookmark This
DescriptionResponsible for the research and development of platform enhancements that improve networking software performance in the area of software routers, software defined infrastructure (SDI) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV). Required to collaborate with system architects and research scientists, prototype the advanced networking capability, and analyze the performance and bottleneck of the technology.
Behavioral traits for this position include
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication (both verbal and written) skills.
Graduate students majoring in one of the following: Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering.
Candidate must have 6+ months of work or educational experience with the following:
- Solid C/C++ programming skills
- Familiar with Linux Operating Systems and its kernel internals
- Experience with software packet processing, e.g., Intel DPDK
- Familiarity with networking stack/protocol optimizations