Graduate Technical InternBookmark This
Santa Clara, CA
DescriptionIf you're interested in computer graphics and working with leading graphics software engineers on Intel's latest GPU/CPU architecture, then our Visual and Parallel Computing Group (VPG) has opportunities for you. VPG delivers Intel's 3D graphics, media, display GPU, and Parallel Computing Technology.
The Graphics Architecture Team of Visual Parallel Computing Group (VPG) is responsible for the architecture definition of current and future Processor Graphics engines for client platforms (desktop and mobile). This position will focus on architectural analysis of the GPU, especially enhancing the GPU architecture on future generations. Potential areas of interest include numerical computation, image processing and computational photography, data analysis and encryption, and audio and speech processing.
You should have strong communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to work in cross-functional and cross-site groups. Ability to analyze problems and potential solution spaces is required. The position requires interaction with hardware and software architecture, software development and the tools team. Communicating with external customers or other internal stakeholders may be required. You should be a strong programmer who is both knowledgeable and comfortable working with computer hardware in a lab environment as well as running simulation traces.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering,Physics or Math also encouraged if hardware/software qualifications met.
Experience should be in the following areas:
- Experience with C, C++
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience debugging user- and kernel-mode software using Microsoft development tools
- Experience with data parallel algorithms and analysis
- Familiarity with scripting languages
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Familiarity with graphics (3D, media, imaging and display) concepts
- Hardware/software interfacing skills
- Previous OpenCL or CUDA or Renderscript experience
- Android or Java experience