Graphic Design / Layout / IllustrationsBookmark This
Wedding Story Writer
New York, NY
Internship Type: Virtual
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionWedding Story Writer is an innovative, original custom wedding storybook design company. We attend weddings and write the wedding story while it is occurring, with the end result being a beautiful custom hand-bound book. We offer our clients customized stories, including their engagement, wedding, and honeymoon, and other personalized content they wish to have within their book. Our beautiful books have exquisite artwork within it-- original book designs, illustrations, fonts, and other art.
As pioneers in this new luxury niche, we are looking for a few enthusiastic students who have interest in the wedding industry, with a background in art, fashion and general design to intern for us, earning college credits along the way. During your internship, you will have the chance to understand and participate in the inner workings of the original wedding story company.
Depending on your school's requirements, you could be interning a minimum of 20 hours per week from your home location--this is a remote/virtual internship, so no need to dress up.
Please send us some examples of your art or a link to your work.
Please include a list of your technical knowledge, and degree of proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other art skills outside of design, and what field you plan on entering upon graduation. We will do our best to help you find your true path in that field of study.
Responsibilities-Create book covers, fonts, and illustrations for wedding books
-Design/layout/edit ads for events/publications/social media
-Collaborate with owner on projects
-Coordinate and submit art work in a timely manner
-Create concepts for postcards, and other unique offerings
-Submit rough concept layouts for approval.
- Studio Arts, Graphic Design, Art History, (and Marketing would be great but not required)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Passion for art and design
- Must have a SKYPE account to communicate "face-to-face" regularly, as this is a virtual internship
- Demonstrate attention to details yet be able to transform abstract ideas into visual images
- Have working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, basic HTML, MS Office Suite