Graphic Design and Website Maintenance InternBookmark This
AGE of Central Texas
3710 Cedar Street
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionAGE of Central Texas offers unpaid internships to current students or recent graduates interested in learning the administration and management of a nonprofit organization. Interns will have hands-on training and mentoring and gain valuable work experience. The Graphic Design and Website Maintenance Intern assists the development and outreach department with its marketing, communications, and awareness efforts.
AGE of Central Texas is a regional nonprofit organization that provides education and support to people all along the spectrum of growing older, no matter where they are on that journey. Each year, AGE serves over 3,000 older adults and caregivers through its primary interrelated programs:
• adult day health care
• caregiver education and resources
• early memory loss support
• health equipment lending
• and peer-based computer classes for seniors.
• Selected by the Director of Development and Outreach, and responsible to the Development and PR Associate.
ResponsibilitiesThe Graphic Design and Website Maintenance Intern will be responsible for creating and updating brochures, fliers, and print marketing materials. The Intern will also assist with the layout and design of the organization’s regular email communications. The Intern will make updates to the organization’s website as directed. The Intern may also assist with photography and video projects during his or her tenure.
HOURS: flexible schedule, 12-15 hours/week including occasional evenings and weekends
• Knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office programs.
• Knowledge of Graphic Design software, Constant Contact, and WordPress a plus.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to computers, telephone systems, copiers, and facsimile machines.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must be able to bend, lift, squat, and carry items weighing up to 30 lbs.
Characteristics Helpful to the Job:
• Creative problem solver
• Able to multi-task
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Able to work quickly and on deadline