Group Underwriting AssociateBookmark This
Prudential’s Group Insurance Disability Underwriting team is seeking a motivated individual for this entry level Group Underwriting position. Under close supervision, the Group Underwriting Associate is responsible for underwriting proposals for group disability cases in accordance with statutory regulations and existing underwriting policies and practices, analyzing cases and making and communicating decisions in a manner which contributes to the profitability of the product, the reputation of the company and attainment of strategic business goals. Responsibilities may also include accountability for underwriting an inforce case assignment.
Main Job Responsibilities:
· Assesses, calculates and specifies the conditions under which Prudential is willing to accept risk on group disability business for prospective clients. This includes, but is not limited to, the review and utilization of demographic data, actual case specific experience, product filings, statutory requirements and Prudential’s current premium refund formula and policies.
· Running, analyzing and compiling premium and claim reports.
· Ad hoc projects on case specific, product specific or general level; project duration will vary.
· College Degree
· Strong oral and written communication
· Strong analytical mathematical skills
· Strong organizational and priority management skills are required
· Microsoft Office skills- specifically Word and Excel