Group Underwriting AssociateBookmark This
The Group Insurance National Account Life Underwriting team is seeking a motivated individual for this entry level Group Underwriting position. The Sr. Group Underwriting Associate is rresponsible for providing support to experienced Group Life underwriters who are responsible for assessing, calculating and specifying the conditions under which Prudential is willing to accept risk on group life products for national sized accounts. The Sr. Group Underwriting Associate will be responsible for gathering, compiling and analyzing data from various source systems, creating reports exhibits and performing a preliminary analysis of data utilized by the underwriter in analyzing risk and pricing.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- · Running, analyzing and compiling premium and claim reports.
- Creating and producing accurate experience reports and/or evaluations, assisting with quarterly projections of policy earnings for designated accounts, reviewing final year end accounting,
- Running various monitoring reports to ensure team is meeting key metrics. Monitoring and follow up with Underwriters on outstanding items.
- Development distribution of reports to management.
- Maintaining updated records and case files.
- Timely accurate data entry to internal systems
- Provide support on various ad-hoc projects
Development opportunities, under supervision and over time, the Sr. Group Underwriting Associate may increasingly take on underwriting responsibilities for various phases of life case underwriting. This includes analyzing risk, pricing business, plan change evaluation and creation of renewal underwriting packages.
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong analytical mathematical skills
- Strong organizational and priority management skills are required.
- Microsoft Office skills- specifically Word and Advanced Excel