Guest Services Intern- Gift of Life Family HouseBookmark This
Gift of Life Donor Program
401 North 3rd Street
DescriptionGift of Life Family House, the non-profit subsidiary of the Gift of Life Donor Program, has internship opportunities for students enrolled in a college level Hotel and Hospitality Management education program, who seek a hands on service experience providing hotel & hospitality services to transplant recipients, families and guests.
Guest Services Interns will provide families residing at the Family House with a pleasant and comfortable stay by assisting staff and volunteers with the daily operations of the GLFH and by providing support to the families as needed throughout the duration of their stay. Responsibilities include
- Answering and directing incoming calls
- Checking families in and out as well as tracking potential room availability
- Performing guest orientation and GLFH tours
- Filling open rooms by notifying those on the guest waiting list
- Identifying and preparing vacant rooms for incoming families
- Providing general assistance, service and support activities to all guests and staff
- Performing daily GLFH operations tasks as requested by staff
- Assisting in the coordination of food services and inventory assessment
- Assisting with special events, projects, fundraising and committee work
Successful interns will be enrolled in a in a college level Hospitality Management education program; will demonstrate an ease in developing and maintaining work relationships with staff and volunteers; will display a professional demeanor and appearance; will demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy; will remain aware of internal and external client needs; will act in a courteous, positive and responsive manner;
will possess the ability to work independently or as part of a team, and will be able to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
Apply for this opportunity at: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=3651682
We are an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workplace.