HR Communications InternBookmark This
Job #: 1411916
Title: HR Communications Intern
Location: Princeton, NJ
Hours per Week: 40
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen, US Permanent Resident
Tyco Business Unit: Tyco > Tyco Corporate
Tyco (NYSE: TYC) is the world's largest pure-play fire and security company. Tyco provides more than three million customers around the globe with the latest fire protection and security products and services. A $10+ billion company, Tyco has more than 69,000 employees in 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries serving the world's most demanding environments, including banking and financial services, oil and gas, marine, government, healthcare, retail, home security, transportation and commercial and industrial. More information on Tyco can be found at www.tyco.com.
FUNCTIONAL UNIT OVERVIEW
Human Resources is part of the engine that powers Tyco, enabling employees with enterprise-wide capabilities, tools and programs to support our high-performance businesses. The people in Tyco's Human Resources are change agents, playing a leading role in strategic and operational programs, continually evolving to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees and to help achieve the company's goals. The central hub of our Human Resources function includes Total Rewards, Talent, HR Operations and Systems. As strategic partners to our businesses, our Senior HR Business Partners help to align HR direction, and HR Field Solutions supports our businesses with the delivery and execution of programs.
If you join HR Communications you will be a part of making great ideas happen at Tyco. We help engage employees enterprise-wide by effectively communicating HR rewards/programs/resources. Within Human Resources, we support initiatives that align HR employees to strategic functional and Tyco priorities. In an innovative environment with challenging and interesting initiatives, HR Communications cultivates a broad global view while also collaborating with internal clients on deep technical dives to deliver communications that produce results.
The HR Communications team is offering an internship opportunity for students majoring in marketing/communications.
The selected intern will gain exposure to driving communciations within Tyco's HR function and an understanding of creating the HR narrative in support of leader and enterprise pirorities. To be successful in this role the candidate will need to work dynamically in a fast-paced matrix environment with superior writing talent.
* This role will work closely with the Communications Director to provide communications support for Human Resources.
* Responsible for helping to write and edit communications to employees across the broader Tyco employee population and within HR.
* Partner with multiple internal clients and support the development and rollout of communication campaigns that inform, educate, engage and align employees.
* Learn the successful design, production, delivery and administration of print, email and online communications.
* In pursuit of Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism with an expected graduation date of Spring 2014.
* Proven writing skills a must. Prior internships in marketing or communications or related experience at college.
* Positive attitude, strong attention to detail, open communicator, high energy, good listener and common sense.
* Must have strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple assignments. The ability to work in a team environment and show initiative is preferred.
* Experience in graphic design a plus.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
* Core marketing or communciation/writing courses required.
* Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
* Experience in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
* Basic understanding of content management systems.
* Assignment starts June 2, 2014.
ABOUT TYCO'S INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
During your internship with Tyco, you will have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments. This includes roundtable discussions with senior leaders, skill-building workshops, networking events and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths.
Two essential steps to applying! For consideration, you must:
* Submit your resume through your career center recruiting system AND
* Complete an online application through the Tyco campus recruiting website: www.jointyco.com.
Tyco is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disabled Employer.