Compensation Intern (Fall 2014)Bookmark This
DescriptionLocation: Southfield, MI, United StatesEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/DisabledDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Federal-Mogul Compensation Department is looking for a part-time working student starting in August-September. The successful candidate will gain an insight into how a compensation department of a global multinational company operates and the role it plays in supporting the business. The student is expected to work 25 hours per week.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the fully accounted labor cost study for the company. The purpose of this study is to understand the components of the fully accounted labor costs and analyze differences between plants/business units within the same country or across countries between business units. The working student will be responsible to respond to plant inquiries, manage the dataset, conduct the analysis with supervisory assistance and present the findings.
- Assist with the international benchmarking process. Use the Mercer survey data to assess Federal-Mogul’s competitive position in the most important countries where it operates. Create reports to be reviewed by management.
- Assist with the introduction of the new compensation planning system in coordinating communication and training events as well as assist in their implementation.
- Assist with other projects as necessary.
- Completion of at least two years in a bachelor’s studies in business, finance or human resources, or other related field. curriculum
- Excellent computer skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to learn new software applications
- Cultural sensitivity; ability to communicate and work together with professionals and managers from different countries and various cultural backgrounds
- Good written, verbal and oral communications.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to collect, analyze and interpret statistical data
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Willingness and ability to assist in resolving issues in a non-confrontational and pro-active manner