HSE AssistantBookmark This
NDT Systems & Services
2835 Holmes Road
DescriptionThe Health, Safety & Environment Assistant supports, implements, and manages safety control systems designed to ensure safe working conditions for employees. This position assists with the monitoring of processes and procedures for safe work practices, including waste control, to ensure consistency with established regulations, customer specifications, and Company goals. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ResponsibilitiesRole and Responsibilities:
• Supports the global and local structure of a HSE management system.
• Assists departments in the development of process descriptions, procedures, and work instructions.
• Ensures that a high standard of health and safety and quality awareness is maintained by all employees.
• Communicates HSE philosophy.
• Ensures OSHA, PHMSA, DOT and other relevant regulations are followed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Assists with and performs internal audits in all departments.
• Assists with the planning and performing of work-site HSE audits.
• Assists with subcontractor and supplier HSE audits.
• Ensures the inspection of equipment.
• Addresses safety non-conformities found during internal and external audits.
• Follows-up on and closes pending Preventive and Corrective Action Requests.
• Assists with the coordination and also conducts monthly safety meetings.
• Assists with the preparation of Management Reviews of the Safety System.
• Maintains safety statistics and provides data to customers/clients and global HS&E Management as required.
• Reports to NCMS and other third party agents.
• Assists with HSE reporting to ISNetworld, PEC, PIC, Veriforce, MICCS.
• Assures training requirements are monitored and updated.
• Manages, maintains, and reports hazardous materials to TCEQ.
• Manages waste disposals program.
• Maintains active role on internal continuous improvement.
• Reviews opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies for his position.
• Assists in developing and/or creating best work practices.
• Assists with further development of HSE and improvement software with a global perspective.
• Generates creative solutions, demonstrates attention to detail, and is safety-oriented.
• Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Strives to continually build knowledge and skills.
• Responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve safety awareness, and responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, and demonstrates excellent communication and group presentation skills.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources, sets goals and objectives, and develops realistic action plans.
• Follows instructions, responds to management direction, and keeps commitments.
• Displays original thinking and creativity, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for safe work practices, develops innovative approaches and ideas, and presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
• Creates/maintains utmost confidentiality when dealing with proprietary information and sensitive situations.
RequirementsQualifications and Educational Requirements:
• Associate’s degree, related technical field, or equivalent.
• Minimum of two years experience in Safety/HSE.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point).
• Pipeline inspection services experience preferred.
• Successful passing of background checks and must be able to obtain a US Passport, TWIC card, and Commercial Drivers License.