Head TeacherBookmark This
YMCA of Greater Hartford
1321 Silas Deane Hwy
DescriptionThe West Hartford/Tri-Town YMCA is seeking an experienced applicant who, under the supervision of the Child Care Director, will be responsible for ensuring that the Y Before and After school Program meets all program standard and funding guidelines. The Head Teacher/Site Director must be able to plan and organize a structured program consisting of educational and recreational activities, according to the age group, supervise staff and maintain a high level of communication between school representatives and participants.
Requirements• The candidate must possess a State of CT Head Teacher’s Certificate endorsed for School Age children, an Associate’s degree OR 18 credits in early childhood, Child Development, elementary education, physical education, recreation and leisure, or related field.
• A minimum of 2 years of supervising, mentoring, training and/or leading child care.
• The candidate should have experience in developing, organizing, promoting, and directing child care programs and services for youth.
• Possess a general knowledge and understanding of the YMCA, its goals, and its mission.
• Bring to this position maturity, responsibility, and a sincere interest in working with children.
• Have very strong interpersonal and organization skills.
• Knowledge of various resources for programming ideas and the skills to utilize that information in directing daily activities.
• Computer literacy in the use of Windows-based programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
Employment is subject to background check.