Health Care Analyst- Health PromotionBookmark This
Responsible for identifying, collecting, analyzing, and maintaining data to evaluate issues that support prospective business decisions. Coordinate projects for senior management.
Research, analyze, identify, and evaluate data from assigned problems to evaluate existing and potential trends and issues. Possess and maintain a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of BCN and BCBSM business, products, programs (including provider data, networks, etc.), corporate organizational structure (including functional responsibilities), and basic research principles/methodologies. Assist in the management and monitoring of multiple projects simultaneously by establishing project plans and objectives to ensure goal attainment within defined parameters. Communicate results of analysis to management via reports/presentations and assist management in implementing programs that provide solutions. Recommend, communicate, and implement solutions to identified problems/root cause of issues. Provide expertise and guidance to unit and corporate staff as required. Represent and participate in group or committee discussions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor and maintain web-based programs working with IT and contacts outside of the organization.
- Maintain knowledge base of industry trends, corporate initiatives, competitors' capabilities, and WCMHP functions to ensure appropriate application.
- Collaborate and communicate with other internal business units to implement complex projects.
- Departmental Requirements:
- Two (2) to Four (4) years of experience in developing communication and marketing materials, including presentations
- Two (2) to Four (4) years of experience in developing, monitoring and maintaining web-based programs
- Two (2) to Four (4) years of experience in project management
- Two (2) to Four (4) of experience with researching industry trends and corporate initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required with major in business or health care related field with coursework in math, statistics, process improvement or project management preferred. Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- Four (4) or more years of experience in related field required.
- Strong communication skills are required to understand, interpret, and communicate ideas.
- Strong knowledge and use of existing software packages (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc).
- Strong analytical, organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with employees at all levels.
- Understand and apply statistical inference.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.