Health Enthusiast Part-TimeBookmark This
The Vitamin Shoppe
235 N. Citrus Street
West Covina, CA
At the Vitamin Shoppe, Every Body Matters! We are dedicated to inspiring health and wellness one life at a time.
Our goal is to inspire you to take control of your health. We provide products, knowledge and motivation to help you live your healthiest life. We believe that every body matters. These words are more than our tagline; they're our reason for being. For us, it's not just about the vitamins; it's about the individual lives that we touch every day. We believe in giving personal attention and doing all we can to help you achieve your unique goals. Our associates (we call them health enthusiasts) are eager - and very highly trained - to help you find what you need, and ensure that you have an exceptional experience every time you visit the Vitamin Shoppe.
Come be a part of something great and join our family of Health Enthusiasts!
The Health Enthusiast (Associate) is instrumental for providing an outstanding Branded Customer Experience (customer service) to customers. This is accomplished through performing operational duties that drive sales through product knowledge, merchandising, register functions, store cleanliness, and other related duties. Health Enthusiasts represent The Vitamin Shoppe Inc. brand to our customers. Health Enthusiasts must be courteous, efficient, and able to engage in selling techniques with customers so that their needs and expectations are met or exceeded. This position is essential to the environment of health and wellness that The Vitamin Shoppe Inc. represents.Responsibilities:
- Delivers the Branded Customer Experience (customer service) and drives sales by providing unmatched service. Through shifting priorities and tactics Health Enthusiasts will engage and meet the customer demands delivering friendly and prompt service to minimize wait time.
- Use product knowledge, product information and available resources to educate customers and assist them in making product selections that are right for them. Supports sampling regiment through customer engagement.
- Participate in learning and development activities (daily store meetings and product/online education) in order to provide optimal customer service. Complete Learning Path and Vitamin Shoppe University training activities in established timelines.
- Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with customers, co-workers and management a positive work environment and embraces diversity.
- Collaborate with the store team to understand, support and achieve established sales goals and objectives. Participates in donation drives identified by the Customer Support Center.
- Promotes growth and sales by creating and maintaining internal/external community outreach relationships within the local community. Establishes an active sampling regimen through customer engagement.
- Perform regular maintenance; Clean shelves, baskets, backrooms, front sidewalks, bathrooms, windows and floor according to company policy as directed by the management team.
- Assist in unloading stock, stocking shelves, checking products against invoice, sorting and distributing stock, pricing merchandise, cleaning fixtures and displaying product.
- Aid the management team in the implementation of merchandising and operational procedures. Perform category maintenance by rotating products according to the company's product rotation policy. Identify damaged and expired product .Executes and ensures product is set to Planogram.
- Operate the cash register and executes customer transactions efficiently. Totals price, tax, and shipping and handling charges accurately. Fully understands register functions, and can balance the cash register at the end of each shift or as scheduled. Adheres to and verifies bank deposit process along with the Manager on Duty.
- Aid the management team in ensuring The Vitamin Shoppe Healthy Award Club program is consistently promoted and the customer information, including email, is captured and accurate.
- Follow Loss Prevention standards as implemented by The Vitamin Shoppe.
- Adheres to assigned work schedule, responsible to promptly clock in/out and approve timecard during last shift worked. Adheres to personal appearance policy.
- Follow management direction in completing other duties as required.
- Flexibility to work in another location depending on the company's business needs.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and instruction.
- Supplement knowledge or education is preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of professional sales procedures and customer service
- Knowledge of cash register functions and processing payment
- Passion for the health, fitness, and nutrition
- One-year retail sales experience preferred
Skill and Ability:
- Excellent communication skills in selling products
- Interpersonal skills in dealing with all customers in a friendly, courteous, and polite manner
- Able to use 10-key, cash register, and related business equipment
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends
- Computer skills